St. Augustine School had a humble beginning back in 1865. St. Augustine parishioners built their first school which was a small 26' X 36' wooden structure. In 1875, the central downtown lots were purchased and a new school was built. In 1878, the Notre Dame Sisters arrived to take over the school. In 1924, the old structure was torn down and a new modern school was erected. The present school was dedicated in April of 1925. In the 1920's, the school cafeteria was moved and a new kitchen and additional classrooms were built on the second floor over the gymnasium. The facility, along with a modular building located across Clinton Street, now serves students in pre-school through 8th grade.